Friday, January 21, 2011

My Favorite Zumba Songs

I've had quite a few favorite Zumba songs since I started taking the class back in the Fall. My first favorite was called Caipirinha. Karine played this one during my very first class and it became my instant favorite because the moves got stuck in my head. Therefore it was the first Zumba dance I memorized. But then, Zumba announced a video competition to Caipirinha. I was soooo excited that I volunteered myself and my best friend Julie to do the filming/editing I heard that song probably 500 times and after three long days of editing, it was number one on my shit list. But our video did get into the top 18 of 121 videos :)



As of now, my favorite is Lola by Chayanne. Why? Because it's SAMBA :D Nothing gets my heart racing like samba. It's so fast and fun and I love it! Plus, Karine lets me teach a side (it's a split song). The thing is, I never got samba until she called me out during a class. I had no idea what I was doing so I stopped. So I went home that night and memorized the dance and went to the next class prepared. Funny thing is, I can't do samba unless I'm in class. Only works under pressure :)

Here is a list of my other favorite Zumba songs if you're curious :)
Hace Tiempo- Fonseca
Lagartija Azul- Fonseca
Waka Waka- Shakira
La Despedida- Daddy Yankee
Tunak Tun- Daler Mehndi
Lola- Chayanne
Mami- Kumbia Kings
El Ritmo No Perdona- Daddy Yankee
No Vale La Pena- Manu
Club Can't Handle Me- Flo Rida
Bailadora- No idea. Probably Zumba made.
and of course, Caipirinha- again probably Zumba made :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the list :)
    I still have few song I have no idea about..

    My favourites are:

    Bailadora- yes, that is a zumba made song
    Shawty got moves
    Shhh
    I love salsa
    Hella décalé
    Traigo una pena
    ...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like "I Love Salsa" But don't tell Karine. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D
    Ok :D

    And I don't like Hace Tiempo:) But I don't hate it either. :)

    ReplyDelete