Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just me and Muz

Why is my blog named "Just me and Muz"? Well, let's start from the top. Who am I? My name is Evangeleena Camille Alessandra Manzanares. Yes, it is extremely long and is often mispronounced by...everyone. But I don't go by Evangeleena, unless you are my mom when she is angry with me, or if you're a professor, in which case it's more like "Eh-ven-guhl-ee..." So just call me Vangie :) I am 20 years old and I am studying biology and chemistry at the University of Utah. I am in my junior year, but that should not be an indication of when I am going to graduate because the answer to that is never (but it is really Spring 2013). When I graduate, I plan on attending medical school while working towards a PhD in neuroscience or genetics simultaneously. I kind of work in a research lab as a slave to a graduate student whom I adore and love to give crap :) In my rare free time, I take a Zumba class from an amazing lady and friend. I have never been more in shape and confident than I am right now because of it :)

Salt Flats Oct. 2010
Now, who is Muz? Muz, aka Reuben, is my 9 year old basset hound. He has been my best buddy since September 10th 2001. This mutt and I grew up together and he's been my one, constant friend. Though he loves to steal my food, hog my bed, and escape from the backyard, he is my idea of the perfect dog. I named my blog after him because...he is da bomb :)

Reuben waiting for some sausage.
Though my blog is named after Muz, I have a few other pets that I adore and think should be mentioned as well. First is my Meyer's parrot Mikado. Mikado came to us in 2004 I believe. She once belonged to my mom's boss who passed away and left Mikado to us. She is pretty cool. She is gray on the outside with a yellow unibrow and orange eyes. Her tail and under belly is green and she has shades of blue under her wings. Don't let her beauty fool you though. She is pretty mean. She attacked my sister's face and pierced my dad's nose. But I still love her. Then there is Rory. She is my albino rat that I am very allergic to so my sis takes care of her. Her sister, Rex, passed away in December :( I love my rats. Last but not least, there are the mice I take care of in lab. I consider them my babies, even though they aren't really mine.


Mikado
Rex and Rory


Well those are my pets :) I'll post more stuff later. Right now, I gotta go put the beans that I've been cooking for hours away. Now that they are done, I'm not hungry anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog Vangie, I will read it :) Keep goin' :)

    //J from Zumba :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUDIT!!! I <3 you!!! Thanks for leaving my first blog comment EVER :D

    ReplyDelete